There are many teachers in the region who feel a passion for mindfulness, not just to help manage stress but to help young minds be equipped with resources to flourish. To these ends we are pleased to announce the 2018 CCC training pathway. This pathway offers local, funded, face-to-face training throughout 2018 in the form of a number of one day courses and residential retreats. All the information is attached below. Action is required if you want a place.
Intentions for the 2018 CCC Mindfulness Training Pathway.
- Develop a local inter-school network of teachers that are committed to the co-creation of resources and skills on the topic of mindfulness and education.
- Recognising that the heart of a mindfulness practice is nourished by our own understanding and integration, CCC will provide opportunities for individuals to deepen their personal understanding and embodied practice of mindfulness.
- Develop units of work across the levels and subjects that share mindfulness with children, exploring the links between mindfulness and the key competencies, especially in helping students develop self awareness and self management skills.
- Raise the question and work collectively to integrate mindfulness into the wider school community.
- Include opportunities for creativity through play and allowing space. This is an acknowledgement teachers are busy people. We are not only offering resources but aspire to nourish the passion for teaching and learning.
In addition there are two mindfulness weekends being offered to deepen ones personal understanding of the practice and one five day deepening retreat in the Heart of Mindfulness in October.
These weekend are funded and as such are reduced from $270 to $50 administration fee for two nights accomodation, training and food. Dates below
The five day retreat is called "Entering the Heart of Mindfulness" Priority will be given to CCC course trainees and the course will be open to other people nationwide.
One day Professional Development
28th February: Riverside Meeting Room
18th April: Riverside Meeting Room (This is in the School Holidays!)
1st August: Riverside Meeting Room
12th October: Riverside Meeting Room (This is in the School Holidays!)
11-13 May Wangapeka Teacher Retreat weekend
2-4 November Wangapeka Teacher Retreat weekend
Five Day Residential Retreat
4-9th October Wangapeka Study and Education Centre
Please register your interest in the four one days trainings with an email to Daniel as soon as possible. He will send you a registration form. (The weekends and five day retreat are an optional extra.) Your place will be secured when the $50 has been received. We will be offering the opportunity to all the Tasman schools that invited and received a presentation, a number of staff have already expressed an interest to be a part of the training. Please, if you feel the motivation act promptly as spaces will be limited to a maximum of 18.
Contact Daniel on: firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form for any of the courses.