Calm, Clear, Creative (CCC) is an opportunity to offer subsidised and affordable mindfulness training for teachers that is face-to-face, practical and provides ongoing support. CCC brings the best we know from the fields of neuroscience to help understand how to bring calm to the body/brain/nervous system. Neuroplasticity is the brain’s ability to change in response to experience; mindfulness is the ground in which healing and meaning grow.
Calm, Clear, Creative is:
- Resourcing teachers to manage stress well
- Helping teachers to respond more and react less
- Offering strategies that are researched in neuroscience that prevent burnout
- Helping teachers role model calm, clarity and creativity for their students
- Bringing mindfulness into the classrooms through the teachers
Learning mindfulness is not something extra; it actually saves time because the mind becomes less scattered and more efficient.
CCC is supported and promoted by ‘The Doctors Motueka’, a community GP clinic. Together Opening Minds and The Doctors are offering this free training for teachers who want to take this skill further and bring it back to their classroom and their schools.
If a teacher can embody these qualities, and is resourced with a toolkit of practices, then a teacher can naturally bring these ways of being into the classroom and into the lives of children.
CCC Level one mindfulness training will be delivered in three stages:
- A free professional development session of up to one hour for any school expressing interest. This is staff to learn more about mindfulness. Presentation times are flexible.
- Level one Calm Clear Creative Mindfulness Training involves four one-day courses in 2018. This is face to face, local community of mindful teachers supporting each other. These days will be funded
- Taking it further - Two residential weekend courses near Nelson for teachers who are interested to deepen both their understanding and practice of mindfulness for self and classroom.
Professional Development Session
Opening Minds is offering presentations in schools in the Nelson/ Tasman region. Teachers from these schools will receive a subsidised rate for the professional development weekend, bringing the total cost for an individual to only $50!
If you would like to take part in the training but your school has not received a professional development session, you can still attend. However, the subsidised rate cannot be offered.
One Day Courses
Level one CCC training dates. As requested by staff two of these dates will be in the school holidays. The days will be funded.
18th April (In School Holidays)
12th October (In School Holidays)
CCC Residential Retreat for Teachers 2018
A weekend of professional development for educators to deepen their mindfulness practice in the supportive environment of the forests, mountains and rivers of the Wangapeka Valley.
Nourishing Calm supporting the change
11-13 May weekend Training
2nd 3rd November weekend Training
There are now many excellent courses that offer mindfulness training, some are through computer screens while others share introductions through brief night classes. These are helpful, however there is no substitute for the support of a group who are committing time to practice together in a supportive environment. This weekend will nourish both your understanding and experience of meditation/mindfulness. The course will be designed and delivered with school teachers in mind.
Learning mindfulness physically changes the body/brain/nervous system. It can lead to a happier work/life balance with more calm and more harmony in relationships. You will learn practical techniques to help release stress, anxiety and other difficult states to feel more calm, clear and creative. This will be a good course for teachers to get a better idea about how to share mindfulness with students in the classroom.
Costs: to be arranged
Enquiries and registrations: Please email Daniel Burgess-Milne at email@example.com
Payment details: Please make your payment to Mindful Schools, Kiwibank: 38-9010-0506436-09
If you'd like to ask any questions about Calm, Clear, Creative, or to register for a place on one of the workshops, fill in the form below.