Jaime is the Founder and Director of Opening Minds. He has taught mindfulness courses across the country for organisations such as the Child's Cancer Foundation, Schools Executive Officers, Adult and Community Education (ACE), Whenua iti Outdoor Pursuits Centre and Mindfulness Works. He has given numerous talks around the country including the Nelson Principals Conference 2016
As a meditation and movement teacher he has studied extensively with Tarchin Hearn who encouraged Jaime to facilitate and teach. Jaime spent three years as a resident practitioner at the Wangapeka Study and Retreat centre and is a founding Director of the Young Adult Retreat, and Director of the six-week Bodhi Seeds Retreat. Jaime continues to offer retreats at the Wangapeka.
Jaime has a Masters degree in Education and is a trained school teacher with a decade of experience in both secondary and primary settings. As a new generation of Health teachers he was one of the first people in the country to develop and deliver programmes of mindfulness in schools beginning in 2002. He helped to develop the first national programme of mindfulness for classrooms 'Pause Breathe, Smile'.
Experience and Qualifications
- Masters in Education – Transformative Educational Practices.
- 10+ years experience as a school teacher in Secondary and Primary settings.
- Three years as resident practitioner at the Wangapeka study and retreat centre
- Graduate of a three year school of mindfulenss/meditation.
- Qualified MBSR
- Open Floor International Teacher in training.
- Musician, poet and song writer.